Distance Learning Expectations
Student and Whanau Expectations for Distance Learning
Our staff have put together these expectations as a guide to distance Learning which starts next week.
We trust that they will give you good guidance in a new way of learning!
Whenua Rooms 8, 14, 15, 16
- To engage in activity or activities sent via Seesaw by the class teacher or other family activities
- To check in daily with their teacher eg posting on SeeSaw, emailing, sharing learning with their teacher
Moana Rooms 7, 9, 10, 11, 12
- To check Seesaw and/or the google drive for their learning tasks each day
- To engage with teachers by any platform eg phone, email, google app that is available at any given time
- To engage in at least one activity daily to the best of their ability
- To share what they have been learning about so that others can learn from them using Google, Email, Seesaw or Hapara
Maunga Rooms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- To check their emails daily and read all communication from teacher for their learning
- To engage in communication with their teacher via email or join in Google Meets
- To engage in learning activities daily, as sent out by their teacher
- To share learning with teachers with any available platform (Google, Email, Seesaw, Hapara)
- To enjoy family time eg walks, games, books, talking,
- To establish a family routine to support distance learning for their children.
- To connect with their child’s teacher as needed to ask questions, give feedback, request support.
- To monitor student use on devices by keeping an eye on their screens regularly and
- To support your child to complete the tasks set daily by the teacher and enjoy other family fun activities. You are not expected to be the teacher, replicate the school day, or find your own resources for your child.
- To please remember that many of our teachers will also have their children and partners at home, which will no doubt present some interesting moments as they continue to work from home and care for their children - a true balancing act!!