At Nayland Primary we take great pride in creating a learning environment where all children are valued and given the opportunity to develop academically, socially and physically in a safe and caring manner.
All school programmes and activities are aimed at meeting the needs of all children, giving them the opportunity to extend their learning and to provide them with a wide range of educational experiences both at school and in the wider community.
At Nayland Primary School we believe:
- Children should acquire excellence in Literacy and Numeracy skills above their chronological age.
- Values education should be planned and integrated across the curriculum as attitudes and values underpin a child's ability to become caring and responsible citizens in the world in which they live.
- The Key Competencies of the NZ Curriculum and the Habits of Mind should be linked to all learning experiences
- Children should participate in a wide variety of activities and be encouraged to have a go and to develop the confidence to succeed.
- Our school should have a family friendly atmosphere.
As parents and caregivers you are a valuable part of Nayland Primary School. We welcome your involvement in our school and look forward to developing a strong partnership with you, where we all work together to make your child's schooling a positive experience.
Our school has a supportive Board of Trustees, an active Fundraising and Community Team and enthusiastic, capable staff. We look forward to working with you in our unique environment.